As we continue to spend time in the same areas of our homes, it’s natural to feel like some of these spaces need to be refreshed or expanded. This is especially true if you have a growing family or just need some extra storage room. With the current fluctuations in interest rates, moving into a new home may feel like a risky endeavour. Fortunately, with a house extension or renovation, you can stay in your existing property while still creating extra spaces that feel both exciting and functional. Below, we go through some reasons why this could be the perfect solution for you.
Benefits of A House Extension or Renovation
A house extension or renovation can offer several benefits to your property and daily living. This can include:
- Increased Living Space: An immediate increase in living space can be beneficial if you have a larger family or spend most of your time working from home.
- Avoid The Costs Of Moving: Renovating your existing home can help avoid the costs commonly associated with moving such as transportation, removals and loans.
- Add Value To Your Home: The increased property value can easily outweigh the costs of a home extension. This is particularly important if you are planning on selling your home in the future.
Types of House Extensions
There are several options to expand the available space of your home, each with its benefits depending on your needs.
1. Ground Floor Extension
A ground-floor house extension is an effective way to add space and expand the overall footprint of your home. Some ideas for this type of extension include:
- Rear Extension – This involves extending the back of your home into the garden or backyard. It is a popular way to create a larger kitchen, dining area or living space.
- Side Extension – Extending the side of your home is a great way to create an extra bedroom or home office.
- Wrap-Around Extension – Combining a side and rear extension will expand your home spaces exponentially, making it ideal for creating an open-plan living area.
2. Single Storey Addition
If you aren’t looking to expand into your backyard, a single-storey addition may be the perfect alternative. This usually involves raising the roofline to increase ceiling height and adding an extra room above ground level. They are a popular choice for adding a new bedroom or office.
3. Attic Conversion
An attic conversion is a versatile solution to expand the amount of available space in your home. Whether you’re looking for an additional storage room, extra living space or a bedroom, your attic can be transformed to suit your needs.
How The Attic Group Can Help
With over 45 years of experience in helping people unlock the full potential of their property, we understand what it takes to create your dream home. From the design stage to the actual construction, we’ll manage the whole process while working with you to ensure that your needs are met. Get inspired by some of our past house extensions and contact us today for a free consultation and quote.